Enter to Win a $8000 PA System!

AKG K361 First-Class Closed-back Headphones

Closed-back Circumaural Headphones with 50mm Drivers, Folding Design, and 2 Included Cords - Black
$119.00

Earn $6 back in Bonus Bucks OR pay $5/month with 24 month financing*

2 demos available starting at $107.10 !
In Stock!

Only 9 left in stock! More on the way.
Add to Cart
Notify me about deals

Ask An Expert

Our expertly trained Sales Engineers are ready to help!

What is a Sales Engineer?
Sweetwater Gear Exchange

Have one to sell?
Check out Sweetwater's Gear Exchange!
Learn More

Most Popular Accessories & Related Items

AKG K361 First-Class Closed-back Headphones
In Stock!
$119.00
Add to Cart
Add to list
Back to navigation

This article was Written By

Our Product Research Team

Get to know them!

Lightweight, Comfortable Headphones

The AKG K361 studio headphones are designed to provide you with exceptional value, studio-quality sound, and comfortable construction. These headphones deliver a balanced and natural sound that’s perfect for any application. The K361 headphones are extremely lightweight and comfortable to wear for long sessions. What’s more, the audio experts at Sweetwater love the metal-reinforced construction that stands up to mobile lifestyles. Each earcup has a largest-in-class 50mm driver with oxygen-free copper coils that deliver superior audio. The closed-back design improves audio isolation and enhances the bass response of the headphones. Whether you’re a pro in the studio or a music lover on the go, the AKG K361 closed-back headphones will always keep up.

AKG K361 Closed back Headphones Features:

• Metal-reinforced construction is incredibly durable
  • Titanium-coated 50mm drivers provide crystal clear audio
  • Adjustable headband holds its position over repeated usage
  • Slow-retention foam provides extra comfort and less noise leakage
  • Closed-back design enhances the bass response and noise isolation
  • Detachable 3m and 1.2m cables fit any length requirement
  • 15Hz–28kHz frequency response delivers high-quality audio reproduction

Additional Media

Warranty Info

Sweetwater's FREE 2-Year Total Confidence Coverage Warranty

Extra peace of mind at no extra cost.

• Save money with FREE parts and labor
  • Get back to making music with the industry's fastest turnaround time
  • Fix it the first time with our award-winning, factory-certified Service Department
Learn More about Total Confidence Coverage

Free 2-year Warranty

Sweetwater's 2-year Total Confidence Coverage™ Warranty gives you extra peace of mind at no extra cost.

Learn More about Total Confidence Coverage
Tools Icon

Save money with free parts & labor!

Fast Icon

Get back to making music with the industry's fastest turnaround time.

Award Icon

Fix it the first time with our award-winning, factory-certified Service Department.

Back to navigation

Tech Specs

• Type: Wired
  • Open/Closed: Closed
  • Fit Style: Circumaural (Around the Ear)
  • Driver Size: 50mm
  • Noise Attenuation: Passive Noise Isolating
  • Frequency Response: 15Hz-28kHz
  • Impedance: 32 ohms
  • Connectivity: 1/8" plug, 1/4" adapter
  • Cable Type: Straight
  • Cable Length: 9.8 ft., 2.5 ft.
  • Detachable Cable: Yes
  • Foldable: Yes
  • Color: Black
  • Material: Slow-retention Foam Earcups
  • Case/Bag: Carry Pouch
  • Weight: 0.48 lbs.
  • Manufacturer Part Number: K361

What Makes Our Sales Engineers Great?

Sweetwater Sales Engineers are a world-class team of experts dedicated to you. Hand selected from across the globe, each brings a wealth of experience and expertise in the world of music gear to provide you with unparalleled service completely free of charge. Friendly relationships, real trust, and the right gear are only a call or a click away!

Back to navigation

Customer Reviews

Write your review
Rated 5/5

Great frequency spectrum balance; comfortable; portable; affordable

These headphones are the ideal tracking headphones in my opinion, but can be used for mixing or anything else. Some of the flattest frequency spectrum headphones I have experienced, and I am very picky about headphones. Doesn't have that harsh top end that the AT, Behringer, Sony's, or Senn's have even though people seem to like all of those headphones. For the price, these are without question the best bang for the buck. I picked up two for my home studio to listen as they track. Get them!
Music background: Home studio music producer, guitarist, and vocalist
Rated 5/5

An incredible value for $ closed back

I purchased the AKG K-361 closed backs from Sweetwater after a long search for mid-tier closed-back headphones to use when ambient noise in my home office prevented me from using my open-back headphones. For reference, I own and use AKG-240S, Sony MDR-7506, Cleer Flow ANC, Cleer Enduro, Etymotic ER4S, Beyerdynamic DT-880, and HifiMan Sundara 2020. My source is Qobuz HD music through Roon digital transport, to a JDS Labs Element II DAC/AMP (I do use an EQ profile with the K-361 designed by Amir at AudioScienceReview, but they do not need it to sound great).

I have not heard Focal Celestee, Dan Clark Aeon 2, Audeze LCD-2, or other ~$ closed backs. So I cannot compare to those models.

The Sundaras do sound more open and spacious, owing to their open back design. However, the K361s are so well balanced that they are a joy to listen to. They sound wide enough to not feel closed in, however there is very little forward/backward presentation in space. Music is presented evenly and naturally, and there is ample sub bass, without the usual mid-bass hump in consumer grade cans.

If you wear glasses, you will miss out on some of the fantastic sub bass. The glasses frames will break the seal with your ears and bass energy is lost. So plan on wearing contacts or taking your glasses off for serious listening.

I cannot comment on the longevity of the headphones, but I do like the design. They are extremely light and comfortable. They look professional and attractive without looking cheap. The cable is detachable, which is excellent at this price point.

Overall, I rate this as the equal of the Sundaras. They aren't better or worse, just different. The Sundaras are wider and more open sounding, but with less sub bass slam. The K-361 aren't as wide or "resolving" in the treble, but with huge sub bass slam and a balanced sound that makes listening to music such a joy. Compared to the Sony MDR-7506 and the Cleer headphones, the K361 are FAR superior. They blow them out of the water.

I have not listened to the K371 but I suspect they are similar. I might just buy the K371 as well to see if it's even better yet. I can highly recommend the K361, you will not be disappointed.
Music background: 25+ years jazz musician and audiophile
Rated 5/5

Quality 1st class

I have AT's, Sennheiser's, Sony's, KRK's, & other AKG's but this set of AKG K361's are by far the best for every purpose. Absolutely love them. Best money ever spent on anything at Sweetwater. And I have bought enough there that I could open my own store. As always, the Sweetwater experience is above all else.
Music background: Over 45 years in all areas of making music.
Rated 5/5

AKG's answer to my expectation!

Just received these from Sweetwater. As always great service and awesome response time from all involved. I own Sennheiser, AT's, KRK, and Sony headphones. I have had other AKG's in the past. Wanted to get back to that sound. The K361's are incredible. Right out of the box I found four or five things that clearly set AKG apart from all other headphones makers. Small things but things that all other makers should copy. The design is clean and simple. The way they fold and open is so simple and unique. The sound is incredible and after about an hour of comparing my HD280 Sennheisers to these, I was ready to make the change. Nothing absolutely wrong with the Sennheisers or the AT's but when you put these on and turn them up, it's a no-brainer. I will track and mix with these and they have already become my go-to set of phones. The price is very low for the quality you receive. Don't take my word for it. Get you a pair of your own. I intend on buying another pair for the co-pilot.
Music background: 67 years of music every single day. Been there!
Rated 5/5

all you need!

wonderful sound quality, very comfortable, easy to adjust, comes with two cables and a quarter inch adapter and a really nice bag for safe transport.
Music background: songwriter, singer, bassist, guitarist
Close Close $8,000 PA System Giveaway -- input your email address below to enter or click here to learn more.

See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners!

Success!

Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Good Luck!