Free Shipping on Orders $89+ With Code: SHIP89. See Details.

Obermeyer Capitol Soft Shell Jacket - Waterproof (For Men)

Item #121HJ
$199.99 Save 49%
We apologize for the inconvenience! This product is currently sold out!
This feature is only available for colors and sizes not currently in-stock

Overview

About Obermeyer Capitol Soft Shell Jacket - Waterproof (For Men)

Closeouts. Obermeyer's Capitol soft shell jacket is waterproofed and ready for your extreme outdoor adventures! This highly breathable jacket features triple-layered HydroBlock® Elite fabric that blocks precipitation and releases inner moisture to keep you infinitely comfortable; and it's ergonomically designed with generous stretch for exceptional range of motion during aerobic activity.

Specs

Specs about Obermeyer Capitol Soft Shell Jacket - Waterproof (For Men)

• Waterproof materials: HydroBlock® Elite 30K
  • Seam sealed: Full
  • Pit zips
  • Closure: YKK®,Two-way,Zipper
  • Zipper: Right
  • Fabric: 100% polyester (shell)
  • Care: Machine wash, line dry
  • Total weight: 2 lb. 7.7 oz.
  • Imported

Reviews

Do you own this product? Write a review and help others with their buying decisions!

4.000000 5 Overall Rating: 4 4.000000 Based on 6 reviews

Most Helpful 5-Star Review

5.0 out of 5 stars. top quality shell
Reviewed by Snobob from SoCal on Sunday, December 4, 2016
This shell has a lot to offer and is probably comparable to $500 shells from other vendors. It is a single layer shell w/o any lining. Pros: stretch material (it does); 30K/30K breathable/waterproof is very high (though not yet tested); fit is good though as noted above it does run large (I'm 5'10" 155lbs and got a Small which fits great with plenty of room to layer a puffy coat and fleece). Cons: a bit on the heavy (weight) side, would not use this for back country or hiking; material is stiff so it will not compress/pack down when you take it off. While not a con, its a bit minimalist wrt pockets (they're more cosmetic than useful, but certainly sufficient. the inside pocket will just fit an iPhone 6 (not a 6+). Very large helmet compatible hood. I think that Obermeyer provides the quality of more expensive brands at 20-25% discount on retail - at STP price with a coupon its a bargain.
Read More
Your search for "" returned reviews for Obermeyer-Capitol-Soft-Shell-Jacket-Waterproof-For-Men Remove reviews search
  • 1.0 out of 5 stars. Disappointing
    Verified Buyer Reviewed by Andre from Pennsylvania on Tuesday, February 14, 2017
    I like Obermeyer gear and own a top notch insulated jacket. However, this product is not worth looking at - this isn't a softshell and feels and weights more like its made from rubber. Perhaps its what you need if you are looking to stay dry in pouring rain but i would not recommend this for any kind of snowsport activities. Also sizing is way off - i usually wear size M/L and ordered Medium. It was huge, more like XL.

• 3.0 out of 5 stars. Great idea and product but odd fit!
    Verified Buyer Reviewed by Gear junkie from West coast on Thursday, February 2, 2017
    I was really excited about this jacket and the idea of it but when I received it the fit was so far off. I'm 5'6" and 215 lbs so I'm not a small guy but am a pretty solid large, however this jacket runs a size up and I could have gone with a medium. If it weren't for the odd sizing I probably would have kept the jacket as I liked the idea of a waterproof soft shell.
  • 5.0 out of 5 stars. Rugged, functional, comfortable.
    Verified Buyer Reviewed by Anonymous from New York on Sunday, January 1, 2017
    Purchased this jacket for my daughter for a replacement for a ski patrol jacket. I questioned why she wanted this as opposed to some others, but it's definitely a better choice so I can see why she wanted it. And it actually fits her perfectly. She's used it for a month now and is very happy w it.
  • 5.0 out of 5 stars. Looks great! Functions Great!
    Verified Buyer Reviewed by acoberholzer from Pennsylvania on Tuesday, December 6, 2016
    My son wanted a coat that wasn't heavy but still protected him from the rain and snow. This fit the bill!
  • 5.0 out of 5 stars. top quality shell
    Reviewed by Snobob from SoCal on Sunday, December 4, 2016
    This shell has a lot to offer and is probably comparable to $500 shells from other vendors. It is a single layer shell w/o any lining. Pros: stretch material (it does); 30K/30K breathable/waterproof is very high (though not yet tested); fit is good though as noted above it does run large (I'm 5'10" 155lbs and got a Small which fits great with plenty of room to layer a puffy coat and fleece). Cons: a bit on the heavy (weight) side, would not use this for back country or hiking; material is stiff so it will not compress/pack down when you take it off. While not a con, its a bit minimalist wrt pockets (they're more cosmetic than useful, but certainly sufficient. the inside pocket will just fit an iPhone 6 (not a 6+). Very large helmet compatible hood. I think that Obermeyer provides the quality of more expensive brands at 20-25% discount on retail - at STP price with a coupon its a bargain.

About Obermeyer

When Klaus Obermeyer became one of Aspen’s first ski school instructors more than 60 years ago, he had no idea that his lifelong passion would eventually lead him to start an outdoor apparel company. Among Klaus’s first innovations was a down ski jacket he created at home using recycled goose down from an old comforter. Designed and tested on snow-covered slopes in the Colorado Rockies, Obermeyer ski jackets would soon gain a reputation for offering superior weather protection, warmth and style. Although Obermeyer ski pants and jackets have come a long way in the last half a century, the tradition of making top-notch outerwear for skiers and riders remains the foundation of this brand, which is still headquartered in Aspen to this day.